OSA CON collects some personal data from its users. We take great care in collecting only the essential minimum data that we need to provide the service and to manage this data adequately. This document provides more details about the data we gather and how it is used.
Although OSA CON is a community initiative, the legal entity responsible for the event is:
Nearshore Link, Inc.
2940 Thousand Oaks Dr.
Austin, TX 78746
Contact: Pedro Galvan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Types of data collected and purpose
The types of personal data that we collect, directly or through third parties, consist of:
- Email address. You provide this when you purchase your ticket to attend and we use it exclusively to provide you information regarding your participation in the event.
- First and last name. You provide this when you purchase your ticket to attend. We use this information to identify at event check-in.
Third party websites and services
Participants at this event may require to interact with the following third party services:
Mode and place of processing the data
Methods of processing
The data controller takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
Your data is used exclusively to provide you the service of attending this event and is not shared with any other third parties or sponsors.
The Data is processed at the data controller’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored only as long as it is necessary to provide the user with the service of participating at the event. Once the event has ended and all agreed obligations have been provided to the user, personal data will be deleted.
The rights of users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by the controller.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, the controller will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right to obtain the erasure of their data from the controller.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the user’s consent, the controller shall collect new consent from the user, where required.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).